Friday, October 14, 2011

Changes

So....totally meant to post this four weeks ago! I've just had other more important things.... ;)
Our boy is already a month old and has wrapped us around his itty bitty finger! He is such a joy, I cant imagine my life without him.

We are beginning to notice little idiosyncrasies and I'll be honest, I'm the mom that calls Petie at work to tell him things like "Hey babe, I now your busy but I just wanted to tell you that he stuck his tongue out and he can roll it like me" or "Emmitt just filled his diaper and in the middle of putting a new one on, he tooted and poop shot across the changing table."

I know, a bit graphic, but that's my life these days. I never thought I'd get so excited about a burp, poopy diaper, or toot.

What's our little man up to these days?

Lil Piggy...he makes the sweetest grunts and snorts. They can be happy sorts or mad angry grunts, but none the less, we love em! Petie calls them caveman sounds, which is quite appropriate given his hairiness!!

Swaddle me..... Emmitt loooooves being swaddled, especially at night. He can be sleepy and yawn or wide awake, and as soon as he feels the comfort of that swaddle, the battle is quickly surrendered and we have a sleeping boy in our arms.

Kissy face.... Ever since birth, he has a face that's let us know that he is a happy camper....I'll let it speak for itself...

He is starting to coo and melt this mamma's heart into mush. Just yesterday, he was leaning back on my legs facing me and let out the biggest grin and giggle! I was surprised at first then made the bragging call to my hubby at work.."guess what I just got from your little boy...." I will try to get it on video if I think about it!

Last week, we took him to the Dr for his month old check up and Petie and I had taken guesses as to how much we thought he weighed......wow, waaay off! I think we both were way under..haha

Weight: 11 lbs 8 oz (83%)
Height: 22 inches (63%) that's right, he shrunk since last time ;)

Needless to say, life is so different than it was just a mere five weeks ago..but I do have to say its a great different.... A great 11 and a half pounds different!!

No comments:

Post a Comment