Thursday, September 22, 2011

Full Heart!

My heart is so full, I can hardly stand it! I have a two week old little boy, the most precious baby boy in the world!  I just put my lil man down and can hear him sleeping so peacefully through the monitor that I have sitting here next to me.  He's such an amazing little boy.  I can honestly say, I am overwhelmed with joy!

This past week, we had many firsts:

~First trip out of the house as a family of three (besides the Dr.) - Midway Fall Festival
~First trip out with just mommy - the mall with Mimi (my mom)
~First play time on tummy mat "tummy time" with daddy
~First walk with the dogs and daddy, while mommy took a shower (not first shower for mommy...I promise)

Something hilarious just happened right before bedtime tonight.  I fed him and Petie and I both work so hard to keep him awake after a feeding in hopes that he will get on  good schedule and sleep well when its time to sleep.  I ate dinner while Petie kept him awake and then, I took over (its exhausting trying to entertain this little boy :).  Then, as a part of our nightly routine, I began to change his diaper.....

Wow!  He not only filled it in a very short time, he decided he wasn't finished when I took it off. He peed, and peed, and peed, all over himself, the changing pad, himself, his new diaper, himself.....get the idea.  He then looked up at me, wet hair, and face, and all and then he cooed!  The sweetest sound I'd heard! My little boy was covered in pee and lovin every second of it!

Needless to say, it was now, not bedtime, it was bath time....which he really does enjoy.  He's gonna be a water lover like his momma!  He just coos and smiles (i know they're still reflexive at this point, but it still just melts this mommas heart).

I am so thankful!  I have a husband that is the best daddy a boy could ever ask for!  He really enjoys getting involved in Emmitt's day, even if his routine is not all that eventful yet.  I am so blessed by the little family God has given me!

I took my lil man to the doctor today and was utterly shocked by how good he is at growing!  Here are the stats that we learned:

Height: 22 1/4 inches (92nd percentile)
Weight: 10 lbs. 1 oz. (85th percentile)
Head Circumference: 38 1/4 cm (74th percentile)

Needless to say, he's an extremely great eater, no need to worry now!  I guess with a hubby who was born weighing 9lbs. 9oz. and a dad who weighed almost 13lbs at birth, I should have expected to have a line backer early on!

I love my little family beyond words!

Before bed every night, Petie and I pray over Emmitt to sleep peacefully, and grow into the man that God created him to be with our guidance and direction.  When I put that into words, I begin to realize how trusting and faithful our God is.  He has given us a precious life to lead and mold by His grace and mercy.  That sounds so daunting and anxiety provoking at times, but I know that as Petie and I commit more and more of our days and minutes to His care, we will be fully equipped for the journey!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this picture of Emmitt! Glad that you are adjusting to life with the 3 of you :)

    ReplyDelete